Saturday 22 June 2013

PLAN, DRAFT, PROGRESS


 I chose the Slow House  by Diller & Scofidio (D&S), designed in 1989 for a Japanese art investor. I chose this plan for two reasons. Firstly because this architecture firm interests me, now named Diller Scofidio & Renfro (DS&R), the architects tread the line between art and architecture creating conceptual sculptures, installations and performance works as well as buildings. I also chose this house because it was never built. I think there is a certain irony in this as although it does not actually exist, the concept and design remains one of D&S’ most influential projects. The concept for the house is centred on the idea of ‘the view’ and I have already been exploring different views in making my valley in cryengine as I am looking at the different views ofthat can be experienced as you drive along the Western Distributor/Cahill Expressway in Sydney.
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment