Wednesday 5 June 2013

VALLEY INSPIRATION

My valley is inspired by the low valleys of Sydney harbour. I find that the glimpses of views when driving on busy roads such as highways and freeways around Sydney is unique to this place. For example, from some perspectives it actually appears that the water is higher than the land and in others, the land higher than the water.There are two locations in particular where I plan to take photographs from. In these two place, I often notice these interesting valleys where water is like a giant pool swamping areas of the land. It reminds me that there probably was land there once upon a time and gives a sense of how the landform has changed and will continue to change over time. This other image below also inspired me as Sydney reminds me of those films or documentaries that talk about the beginning of time where the land form emerges out of the ocean and some valleys are flooded with water as the land is so low. Another point I am inspired by is how certain highways in Sydney ( particularly the Western Distributor) interact with these valleys giving interesting views of them as well as creating paths through them. In certain places, these create a feeling of being immersed not only in the city as you bypass people working at their computers in the offices, but also as these feed across the ocean, there is a simultaneous experience of natural beauty and the man-made environment and life of the city.






This video also gives a good sense of land emerging from water - or how I imagine the low valleys of Sydney harbour would have been formed 






No comments:

Post a Comment